Tuesday, March 23, 2010

American Idol Top 11-#1 Billboard Hits

#1 Miley Cyrus, REALLY? Whose idea was that? The Disney Channel? I'm pretty sure she had someone telling her what to say. I think she clapped and said, "Yeah, that was awesome" for everyone.

#2 Does anyone else think that Kara actually might have a crush on Simon?

#3 Does anyone else wish there was a button you could push to just fast forward Kara?

#4 Does anyone else think Ellen is awesome?

#5 Does anyone want to hook me up with Lee or Danny Gokey)?

Lee - "The Letter"
As much as I love me some Lee, I wasn't a huge fan of the arrangement. I wasn't as impressed as I have been in the past. He didn't really seem confident when he finished either. The actual judges (yes I know that I'm not one) with the exception of Simon disagreed with me. No matter what, Lee will definitely be around for awhile.

Paige - "Against All Odds"
I could never wear heels like the ones she had on tonight, so props to Paige and the giant heels. Oh Paige, she sounded a little hoarse and her voice seemed really shaky at parts. It was not good. It was one of the worst, karaoke-ish performances I've ever heard. At least she knew she didn't do well. She was all over the place with her range, her pitch, etc. She held herself together well with all the negative criticism.

Tim - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
Sweet, cute boy. Tim has definitely grown up over the past month or so. He was moving all over the stage which was fun to watch although I think it threw him off a little. You could see him thinking about what his next move was. The vocal wasn't horrible but it wasn't a Top 10 performance either. I totally agreed with Ellen that it was like a High School Musical audition...I actually laughed out loud because I was totally thinking it!

Aaron - "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing"
At least he had laryngitis and tonsillitis to blame for the pitchyness. Of course, he would have a crush on Miley! I've never been a big fan of the high school boys on Idol. I think it's partly because they sing lovey-dovey songs and I would feel like a creeper if I was actually a fan...it's like Justin Bieber, I liked him until I realized he was like 9 years old. No really comments on Aaron. He'll probably make it several more weeks but I don't see him lasting much longer than that.

Crystal - "Me And Bobby McGee"
I actually don't think I've ever heard that song before but Crystal rocked it! She's amazingly talented, I just want to see her personality more or maybe I just want to see her smile more. I know she loves to sing but I want to see it in her interviews. I was typing while she was singing and just stopped to watch her because the last 20 seconds was incredible! I also loved Ellen's comments about her personality as well, I totally agree that she just needs to get out there! I'm looking forward to seeing whatever she's got planned for next week. I would love to see her without the guitar as well! I loved that she sat down on carpet with Ryan...that's the kind of thing that makes her more appealing to me!

Big Mike - "When A Man Loves A Woman"
I already loved him when he was singing to Miley. Mike could sing to me any day. He's definitely a teddy bear. I still love the lick of the lips as well. I was totally mesmerized by Mike singing. I love when he closes his eyes and moves his head around and just belts it out. He feels he is singing and he has always connected with his audiences. I don't know how anyone could not love Big Mike! The judges were way to harsh on Mike tonight. I hope they feel differently when they watch it back.

Andrew - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"
The one good thing Miley did on the show was to recommend that Andrew put down his guitar. I actually like Andrew a lot more than I thought I would tonight. He has impressed me over the past few weeks but tonight I could focus on his vocals and not on his guitar. He didn't mix the song up as much as I think he could have but I did like him more than the judges did. They were pretty hard on him. I'm sure it's hard that they bring up "Straight Up" every week, that was an incredible performance and it's hard to live up to something like that.

Katie - "Big Girls Don't Cry"
I'm sure it was cool for Katie to hang out with Miley since they are the same age. Katie looked beautiful tonight. You could tell that she had a lot of fun on the stage tonight and I think she is getting better every week. Katie is growing on me! She did a great job and I actually agree with Kara that the pop songs are were Katie should be.

Casey - "Power Of Love"
Every time I hear this song, I just think of Back To The Future. I love Casey playing the guitar and I loved that he played a little then focused on singing tonight. I don't have a lot to say about Casey tonight. I think he did a great job and that it was a fun performance, definitely entertaining to watch him and the band. Ladies love him and I love his hair. He'll continue to get better and he's already made improvements in connecting with his song and his audience.

Didi - "You're No Good"
Didi reminds me of Brooke White from a couple seasons ago. I loved seeing some of Didi's personality tonight while she was singing. Her facial expressions were great and she had great stage presence. Didi came out of her shell tonight and came back into the competition! You could tell that she had fun and enjoyed the performance, even though the judges didn't care for it. I'm glad she stuck up for herself at the end.o

Siobhan - "Superstition"
She is an awkwardly, strange girl. I'm still not sure what I think about her, she funky, fearless and confidant in herself but I wasn't a fan tonight. One thing I noticed is that she's a very smiley singer which I think means that she's having fun. Every week, I've heard these crazy notes come out of her little body. Her self-expression makes her a better performer.

Top 11 Ranking
Crystal
Mike
Siobhan
Lee
Casey
Didi
Katie
Aaron
Andrew
Tim
Paige

I think Paige is the one to go but you never know. Tim and Andrew are also on the list. It is American Idol though and you never know what will happen!

No comments: