Tuesday, March 16, 2010

American Idol Top 12-Rolling Stones Night

Big Mike-"Miss You"
I love his moves. Mike is confident but not cocky. He's a "what you see is what you get" kind of guy and I love that about him. I think it was a great song choice and performance. He's a complete package with his vocals, his personality and his buff arms!

Didi-"Playing With Fire"
Even though I've blogged the last three weeks, I don't remember Didi at all. I actually liked her tonight though. She's definitely a pretty girl and has a strong voice. I think she'd be a good country singer after tonight's performance. Apparently she's getting better because I think I'll actually remember her after this week.

Casey-"It's All Over Now"
I had no idea that he had a bad reaction to a vaccine and had seizures but would hum songs before he could talk. What an incredible story and how humble he is to say that he is "the least talented" of his family. Casey is definitely a ladies man. I love that he gets a little embarrassed when people talk about his cuteness because it makes him even cuter! He's got a great voice and lots of talent with the guitar as well. He better stick around for awhile!

Lacey-"Ruby Tuesday"
No idea that she was a PK! I'm finding all kinds of this out about these contestants this week! I loved the mini-orchestra, it was definitely the perfect song choice for her tonight. Lacey is unique and has a great vocal style; however, her clothing style is a little strange.

Andrew-"Gimme Shelter"
Sweet, proud dad. Andrew has slowly been slipping on my list. He was so unique at the beginning. I agree with several of the judges that he may have "peaked" too early. He's different from the rest of the guys but I don't know how long he'll be around.

Katie-"Wild Horses"
I was a little disappointed by Katie getting in the Top 12 over Lilly last week but I think she did well this week. She's definitely a girl who sings a little bit of everything and I'm not sure what she really wants to do. She is young though, I think the youngest contestant that's left.

Tim-"Under My Thumb"
What a cute boy! If this were a cuteness contest, Tim just might win but since it's a singing competition, I doubt it. Poor Tim! I love the boy and his giant family but he hasn't ever wow-ed me by his vocals and he's just been consistently ok....not horrible, not amazing.

Siobahn-"Paint It Black"
Very artsy family, I think I've seen them on Wife Swap :) The performance was strange but I think she did really well, she's super dramatic and the lighting effects were good. Siobahn would be good on Broadway. She definitely has a huge range, she surprises me at times. I wasn't a fan of the fake tattoo or the combat boots with the formal dress but to each her own...I guess.

Lee-"Beast Of Burden"
My poor, paint store boyfriend whose going to be rich and famous now. Holler for me! Every week I say that I love his voice, so I'll say it again, I FREAKIN' LOVE HIS VOICE! I've added raspy-ness to my list of husband qualities. Ok I haven't really but it would be a huge plus. Lee did great as usually, he knows who he is as a singer and he does continue to improve week after week.

Paige-"Honky Tonk Woman"
Paige has a deep, raspyness to her voice and sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't. I'm pretty surprised that she's made it this far. She did alright tonight better than I actually expected. I didn't realize she was sick until the end so I give her props for that!

Aaron-"Angie"
I've never been a fan of the young kid on the show but sweet Aaron was pretty good tonight. He's still got some work to do before he wins me over but he has definitely improved over the last several weeks. He made a good song choice and had lots of emotion within his performance.

Crystal-"You Can't Always Get What You Want"
I love her style, her tone, her voice, her just about everything but her personality just isn't there. She's so dry and never looks excited or happy but the girl is crazy talented and did an incredible job tonight. She's an entertainer and doesn't ever disappoint me. Crystal needs to loosen up and show who she really is and I think she'll get more votes!

Top 4
Big Mike
Siobahn
Crystal
Lee

Middle 4
Casey
Aaron
Didi
Lacey

Bottom 4
Katie
Paige
Andrew
Tim

No comments: